Lachine’s first city hall, built in 1872, Saint-Joseph Boulevard at 18th Avenue.
At the time, the parish of Lachine included Dorval and LaSalle.
Lachine’s first city hall was built in 1872, on the former marketplace, by François-Xavier Thessereau from plans by architect J. C. Coursolle. The building was demolished in 1914 to make room for the current city hall.
1676 Saints-Anges de Lachine religious parish established
1845 Lachine civil parish established
1848 Municipality of the Village of Lachine incorporated
1872 Village of Lachine becomes Town of Lachine
1892 Dorval becomes a self-governing municipality
1909 Town of Lachine becomes City of Lachine
1912 LaSalle becomes a self-governing municipality