Soeur Alma Lacroix picking beans
The important changes of the 1950s

Soeur Alma Lacroix picking beans in 1954 in the farm garden, located between what is now Place Dublin and Parc Marguerite Bourgeoys.

Farming activities stopped gradually during the 1950s and Place Dublin was given its current name in 1959. The site occupied by the brick buildings on Place Dublin and Favard St. was sold by the Congrégation in 1957. At the time of the sale, the deed specified that the proposed constructions could not hide the historic farmhouse but, following various transactions, the initial promise was forgotten.