In 1956, Île-des-Sœurs was bought from the Congrégation de Notre-Dame for $ 1,300,000 by Quebec Home. At the same time, the Quebec Government adopted a decree modifying the Charter of the City of Verdun where it is indicated that Île-des-Sœurs is now part of the City of Verdun. This is the beginning of a new era.
This photo highlights this transition. A time capsule, relating the history of the island, is inserted in this rock in the presence of the mayor and two Sisters of the Congrégation de Notre-Dame.