Tenant Jean Chevalier gave up part of his land to construct a chapel built out of wood by Pierre Gaudin dit Chatillon and consecrated by priest Étienne Guyotte in April 1676. Then in June, Mgr François de Montmorency de Laval officially proclaimed the creation of the Parish of Saints-Anges de Lachine, the third on the island of Montréal, after the ones in Ville-Marie and Pointe-aux-Trembles. In the 17th century, the Parish of Lachine consisted of the territories of LaSalle, Lachine, Dorval, up to and including Pointe-Claire.
In 1680, Pierre Rémy became the first parish priest of the new parish. He looked after the construction of the first church, inaugurated in 1703. Then in 1866, the fabric of the Parish of Lachine sold the former church to the Oblate Fathers. Three years later, the Lachine church was demolished to make way for the novitiate of the Oblates of Mary Immaculate.
In 1976, the foundations of the Saints-Anges church in Lachine were discovered during the archeological digs undertaken by the Québec government's Ministère des Affaires culturelles. Today, visitors to the park can see the Saints-Anges archeological site near the LaSalle train station.