For the answer ...
On September 1, 1956, the Commission de transport de Montréal decided to abandon the streetcar tracks along rue de l’Église. The street was paved a few weeks later and was officially reopened two months later, on November 12, 1956. Then in 1957, Wellington's streetcar tracks were removed. The photo shows their dismantling at the corner of Wellington and Régina on May 27, 1957.