Born on March 26, 1926, Alice Lussier remained an ardent volunteer, all her life, within what was called the Bronx district located near the Lachine Rapids.
A columnist in Le Messager LaSalle weekly newspaper for a number of years, Alice Lussier was the co-founder of the Comité de citoyen du Village des Rapides, a non-profit organization devoted to preserving and stimulating the district.
Since the Bronx district had an English name, efforts were made to rename it. The City of LaSalle accepted the proposal submitted by the Comité de citoyens in 1984 and the name of Village des Rapides became official.
Alice Lussier was also one of the residents who wanted to preserve Notre-Dame-du-Sacré-Cœur elementary school which, in 1986, became the Centre culturel et communautaire Henri-Lemieux. Alice Lussier witnessed the transformation of the district and the development of the riverbanks near the Lachine Rapids. Up until the time she died, she defended the preservation of the built heritage in the district and Penniston House in particular.