Major innovations in row housing included building of three-storeys houses. Today the majority of these façades are intact and in good condition.
You can see examples at the following addresses:
2116-2138 Hall Street
515-521 Fortune Street
Major innovations in row housing included :
- Building of three-storeys;
- Façades clad in brick of various colours;
- Outside staircases for the first tow storeys ans inside staircases for residents of the third storey;
- Refinement of decorative masonrywork;
- Electric and sanitary facilities installed at the time of construction.