38. Maison De Lorimier-Bélanger

Located at 9603 boulevard LaSalle, the De Lorimier-Bélanger house was built between 1737 and 1784. Characteristic of the architecture of rural Québec homes, with 18th century masonry, it was inhabited by Claude-Nicolas-Guillaume De Lorimier, dit Chevalier De Lorimier, a militia officer, merchant and politician. 



In 1837, François Bélanger purchased it and his descendants maintained ownership for six generations, and in particular, municipal councillors Joseph Bélanger and his son François-Xavier Bélanger, who were Council members from 1915 to 1933, a family at the heart of the creation of LaSalle life.

It must be recalled that LaSalle became a real city in 1912, consisting of Lower Lachine and the municipality of the Parish of Saints-Anges-de-Lachine. The population was then approximately 500.